How do I make a field required in the 'create issue' screen for a screen scheme?

Chris Dunford February 15, 2016

I can require a field in screens associated with workflow transitions by adding a validator. But since creating an issue isn't a transition, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to add a validator. Instead, there is just a screen scheme where I associate a screen with the 'Create issue' operation.

I can't just mark the field as Required because that would affect other operating units in the company, and they don't want that.

So, how can I require a field in the Create Issue screen for a specific screen scheme?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2016
But since creating an issue isn't a transition, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to add a validator. 

Creating an issue is a transition actually. Go edit your workflow and in "Text" view, click the initial status of your project then click on the "Create" event. In the "Diagram" view, there's a "Create Issue" transition line, click that. Add your validators there smile

Chris Dunford February 15, 2016

Brilliant, thanks to both of you. I can only mark one as accepted, so I clicked the one at the top. smile

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2016

Glad to help smile

1 vote
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2016

Creating an issue is a transition, but you can only see it in the graphical view, not the text view.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2016

You can get to it in the text editor - go to the first step (usually "open") and look at the workflow navigator at the top, which shows all the transitions in and out of the step.  Create will be clickable as an incoming one...

Suggest an answer