How do I limit the portal view

kerrsc November 13, 2016

Hello,

I am hoping that you might be able to help me out.

I am trying to limit the portal view, so that people can only see their portal, and no one else's.

Cheers,

Scott

2 answers

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2016

Hi Scott,

To apply this restriction, go to Project Settings of your Service Desk projects X, Y, Z, etc ... Depending on your JIRA Service Desk version, look for Request Security or the most recent equivalent of the same thing: Customer Permissions:

2016-11-04_233210.png2016-11-04_233232.png

• If your project still has Request Security, choose "only people on my customers list can raise a request".
  • If you are using the most recent version and already have Customer permissions, choose "Customers who are added to the project" (and yes, that's not the option selected in the screenshot smile).

Needless to say that all users that should be able to access a specific portal, must be added as a Service Desk Customer to that project as well.

If you apply this consequently across all your restricted portals, that should give you perfectly separated Service Desk projects.

0 votes
asarda_ November 20, 2016

I just wanted to clarify further that - a Portal is by definition a channel for ticket creation for your users. Each user will only see their own requests when they create through the Portal.

Suggest an answer