How do I limit the portal view

Hello,

I am hoping that you might be able to help me out.

I am trying to limit the portal view, so that people can only see their portal, and no one else's.

Cheers,

Scott

2 answers

2 votes

Hi Scott,

To apply this restriction, go to Project Settings of your Service Desk projects X, Y, Z, etc ... Depending on your JIRA Service Desk version, look for Request Security or the most recent equivalent of the same thing: Customer Permissions:

2016-11-04_233210.png2016-11-04_233232.png

• If your project still has Request Security, choose "only people on my customers list can raise a request".
  • If you are using the most recent version and already have Customer permissions, choose "Customers who are added to the project" (and yes, that's not the option selected in the screenshot smile).

Needless to say that all users that should be able to access a specific portal, must be added as a Service Desk Customer to that project as well.

If you apply this consequently across all your restricted portals, that should give you perfectly separated Service Desk projects.

I just wanted to clarify further that - a Portal is by definition a channel for ticket creation for your users. Each user will only see their own requests when they create through the Portal.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,345 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot