How do I limit certain issue-type to be added to Agile Rapid Board

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2014

I have a issue type called Business Case which I don't want to apear on any rapid board.

I know that in general the issue types are controled by the Filter Querry for the board and can be easily excluded from that. But I wan to implement the restriction on the process for all users not for each user/board.

The other usual options does not as well:

Field configuraiton - Sprint field is a locked field and cannot be hiden

Dragging a issue to a sprint is not a workflow transition where I can put condition and validation neither issue updated event is fired.

Any help is appreaciated.

4 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

You can remove that issue type from the project by modifying the issue type scheme. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Issue+Types+with+Projects

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2014

Agian the full question is I have a valid issue type for a project. The issue type should be part of the project, but I don't want it on the Rapid Board.

0 votes
Aron Aizenstat January 23, 2014

update the board filter to include

AND issuetype != "Business Case"

and they won't appear on the board whatsoever

Aro Sebastine Nishanth Hendric February 12, 2019

Hi Aron, Peter,

I can see that it is an old query. But I have same issue like Peter. Can you guys advise if you have a different solution for this now?

Cheers,
Aro

Like Ankit Patel likes this
Bethany Holt May 31, 2019

+1

Like Ankit Patel likes this
0 votes
Aron Aizenstat January 23, 2014

In reading your original post, I'm still confused about what you want. Why is Business Case a valid issue type for a Project but you don't ever want to see it on any board you create?

I don't know of a global omit which is what I think you are implying so that you don't ever have to add what I suggested to the Filter Query for the board, but at this point that's the best you'll get as far as I understand.

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2014

Thanks for your anwer.

The reason is that Business case is something that is related to a project and thus part of a project but not an issue type that the teams are sprinting on. For the sprints User Stories are used which are linked to the Business case. I have the option to put the business cases in another project but this creates another set of issues.

I understand that the filters control what shows on a board or not but go to each and other board and ensure the filters there does not include Business Case - this does not scale for me. I would like to have this option in the Project configuration similar to if "Add to Board" was a transition I can put a condition or validator there.

0 votes
Aron Aizenstat January 21, 2014

So you want to exclude Business Case issue type across an entire project? Or only allow it to be submitted by certain users within a Project?

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2014

From the entire project

Suggest an answer