How do I know if I have installed Jira and Confluence in the same Tomcat container?

Mike Scott April 13, 2016

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

Easy answer is that one or both of them are likely to be crashing!

Check the system information page for both, it will tell you where the Tomcat they are running inside is located.  Different directories = different Tomcats.

0 votes
Mike Scott April 13, 2016

I went to "system info" in both apps.

For Confluence, the information reads:

Application ServerApache Tomcat/8.0.28

For Jira, the information reads:

Application Server ContainerApache Tomcat/8.0.17

Neither apps are crashing, smile and their "Application Servers" are in different directories. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Mike

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2016

Different versions is a guarantee of separate installs too!

Mike Scott April 14, 2016

Right... I guess I got lucky. The different versions were installed by the Jira & Confluence Linux installers. Any advice for avoiding this in the future?
Thanks,
Mike

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2016

Avoiding what?

You have to work quite hard to install both systems in one container, especially since the WAR/EAR downloads were discontinued.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2016

You can find the installation directory and the tomcat container details under Administration > System Information for both products. That will be a good place to start.

Suggest an answer