How do I keep issues viewable on my board when a status changes?

Chris Mergenthaler January 2, 2020

So we are new to Jira and using it to manage our projects with our offshore programmers.  We've created several boards.  We are having problems with an Issue dropping off when we move the status from To Do to Ready to Release, for example.  The only way we can find these is to go into the All Issues link,

I know that there are settings in the workflow I can adjust so that we can keep all of our issues with any status on the board, whether in a Sprint or Backlog.

I've watched a few videos but can't seem to get this figured out.  Thanks for any help.

5 answers

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2020

Make sure you have the issues in current active sprint. Note that sprints are specific to board.

Now if you have all correctly specified all the above options, follow below steps,

Go to Board Configuration Page 

Board Configure.jpg

Check whether the status are mapped to each columns

Status Map.jpg

0 votes
Chris Mergenthaler January 2, 2020

Thank you!!!!!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2020

Glad I could help ! @Chris Mergenthaler 

Did you have a solution.

Chris Mergenthaler January 3, 2020

Yes I did.  I was able to add the columns to my Active Sprint view and see everything there.  I appreciate everyone's quick help!

Chris

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2020

Hi @Chris Mergenthaler 

You should not normally need to miss such issues. 

My suspicion is you have these statues in your workflow but they are not mapped to any status on your board. 

Can you ask the board admin to go to Boards>Configure>Columns page of your project and make sure the mappings work as intended.

Note the above is based on the assumption that you have the statuses already in your project and in Jira an issue is always in a status.

Cheers.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2020

Hi @Chris Mergenthaler 

Few things you can do.

• Check the Board settings | Filter Query and modify the query to not exclude issues that are in Ready to Release status. There could also be a Kanban board sub-filter that you can modify.
  • May be the filter is excluding the issues based on the Resolution which is a field in Jira and that field can be set automatically using Workflow's post function on a transition like To do -> Ready to Release. You may want to modify that.

Let me know if this helps.

Ravi

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2020

When you setup the board you define what statuses belong to which column. It sounds like you have some statuses not mapped to columns. 

Suggest an answer