How do I integrate JIRA with a private room in HipChat?

We have a global integration setup between our JIRA and HipChat accounts, and can see the public HipChat rooms when matching a project to a chat room, but not the private rooms. How do we get the option to set the integration on the private rooms?

10 answers

1 accepted

5 votes

@Jason Kelsey you cannot currently map a JIRA project with a private room, but we are planning to release this feature in the near future. I will post an update here when it's out, stay tuned!

Since we were able to do this until quite recently, we are definitely looking forward to reinstating this functionality. Is there a place we should go to vote for it?

Hi @Shawna Schnorr, no need to vote for it, it's already in flight, and I've seen demos of it!

Oh no - I'm hitting the same problem, looking forward to this being possible.

Need this asap!! Thx

@Oleksandr Diudiun. @Shawna Schnorr @Paul McGuire @Indre Solodov we just shipped this to JIRA Cloud (it was already available in JIRA Server through the "HipChat for JIRA" plugin in the Marketplace). See Anatoli's response below.

2 votes

Jason, we deployed the new version of the plugin were you see private rooms after you log into HipChat:

image2015-2-10 17:34:33.png

Once logged in you can see private rooms - they are marked with a padlock:

image2015-2-10 17:17:42.png

How about if when you click on Log In, you never get the option to enter your Logon credentials? I just gives you a loading Icon and sits there...

Hi Edwin, you might be hitting this problem: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/13416609/answers/13418253 Just connecting the JIRA to HipChat should fix it.

I'm facing the same issue, but I'm running JIRA on our own servers. I'm wondering whether disconnecting and re-connecting JIRA and HipChat will mean that I will have to reconfigure all the integrations or not ?

+1, having the same problem. Seems that the integration is done slightly differently now, with a plugin. This caused my old APi integration to stop working, and now I can only find the open rooms that we have in HC.

This seems odd that tools (Hipchat + JIRA + Atlassian) are not hooked up better!! I cant even choose which rooms or get a private room

0 vote

@Gustaf Sahlstrom if you face an issue moving from the older JIRA integration to the new one, please raise a ticket on help.hipchat.com, providing as much information as you can, and we can help you there. We built it so it happens automatically, but maybe there is a glitch?

@Tanguy Crusson , will do that. Thx.

I just went to try and hook a Confluence space, JIRA project and Hipchat room up together but since they're private, I'm unable. I look forward to this feature! Thanks for posting, @Jason Kelsey .

We're having an issue of after clicking on the Log in option it just sits there, has anyone else experienced this?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

798 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you