How do I increase the number of rows on the Export to Excel? Currently it only exports 1,000 rows.

How do I increase the number of rows on the Export to Excel? Currently it only exports 1,000 rows.

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Patti

To increase maximum amount of exporting issues to excel and the number of issues you can bulk change, you can follow this [article|https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Export+More+Than+1000+Results+to+Excel].

Basically you will have to create/modify the file jira-config.properties inside your <jira-home>, add these lines to your file:

jira.search.views.default.max = 3000

jira.search.views.max.limit = 3000

jira.bulk.edit.limit.issue.count = 3000

and restart your JIRA after that.

Just notice that performing this kind of change, may consume a lot of memory.

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Carracedo.

0 votes

You can take the url and try changing the "tempmax=X" part of it, but this can be blocked by your Jira admins to prevent you damaging the system.

There's a good reason for the limit - the export is intensive work and can take down your system by overloading it.

Generally, a better question is "why are you doing the export, can you get your report in a safer better way?"

The 'why' is because we need to produce an annual list of changes for our auditors. We will try the URL approach as that seems less risky for general users causing issues. Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot