How do I include a web resource

Mick Murphy May 31, 2017

Hi All,

All I want to do is include an external javascript file how hard can that be you ask? well its turning into a nightmare, i have a web resource from an example plugin ive found:

<web-resource key="requestedfields-resources" name="Request custom fields Web Resources">
<dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs</dependency>
<resource type="download" name="requestedfields.css"
location="/ru/andreymarkelov/atlas/plugins/requestedfiedls/css/requestedfields.css"/>
<resource type="download" name="requestedfields.js"
location="/ru/andreymarkelov/atlas/plugins/requestedfiedls/js/requestedfields.js"/>
<resource type="download" name="images/" location="/ru/andreymarkelov/atlas/plugins/requestedfiedls/images/"/>
<context>requestedfields</context>
</web-resource>

and i want to include the java script file in a velocity template, so i can call a function:

function doSomething()
{
alert('hello world')
}

thats it, thats all i want to do, I've seen people saying use something like this:

$webResourceManager.requireResource("com.atlassian.auiplugin:requestedfields-resources")

but i dont know what im supposed to pass to requireResource or where I'm meant to put this in my velocity template, can someone please help before I lose my mind and potentially go postal.

1 answer

0 votes
Pepe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

Suggest an answer