How do I include a read-only message on transition in JIRA Cloud?

Davina Tsosie December 15, 2016

I have the JIRA Toolkit installed and I tried the Custom Field Text Field (read only) but it doesn't show. Only shows a comment box on that transition screen. I don't have a Comment box configured for it. I don't show Custom MEssage in Toolkit like it shows for searches on the issue. I want to use it as a Reminder for the user as their transitioning through the workflow. Reminder: Create necessary sub-tasks before proceeding.

Thank you,

Davina

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2016

You need to use a message (for edit) field, not a read-only text field.

The comment is separate, and it always appears if the user has the permission to comment on the issue.

where do I find this in cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2016

Same as any other custom field - go to custom fields, add a new one, and select the message field type.

that is not available in my list of custom fields. I have All, Standard, Advanced. It jumps from Labels to Number Field. Is there something I have not enabled with the ToolKit?

JIRA.jpg

I found where it shows Disabled. How do I enable?Disabled.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2016

Ah, the JIRA Toolkit needs to be "bought" or enabled by the account owner (it's free, but I the process of enabling it is the same as buying)

Suggest an answer