How do I import the data only from older JIRA or Confluence systems?

Situation is, I am both upgrading JIRA and Confluence as well as integrating them with other members of the suite (Stash, Crowd, Fecru), and moving them from an off site hosting to in house.

Before going live with the full suite, I am setting them up in house using a backup of our currently running JIRA and Confluence installs. Once setup, I am linking the suite together, and allowing our QA to play with it. Once QA thumbs it up, I would need to migrate any new data from the still-being-utlized off-site instances.

Is there a way I can just import the data without touching the configuration changes I make?

1 answer

Hi Will,

I don't believe it's possible for you to import the data without also importing, (and overwriting), the configurations that you have set. However, there is a new plugin that allows you to backup and restore JIRA's configurations so what you could do is backup the configurations using that plugin, import the data and then restore the configurations you backed up using the plugin again. You can check out the JIRA Configuration Manager plugin here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.configurationmanager

All the best,
John

That's great! Thanks for that heads up. I'll mark as the answer once I test it worked.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

157 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you