How do I import the data only from older JIRA or Confluence systems?

drwilltx February 18, 2014

Situation is, I am both upgrading JIRA and Confluence as well as integrating them with other members of the suite (Stash, Crowd, Fecru), and moving them from an off site hosting to in house.

Before going live with the full suite, I am setting them up in house using a backup of our currently running JIRA and Confluence installs. Once setup, I am linking the suite together, and allowing our QA to play with it. Once QA thumbs it up, I would need to migrate any new data from the still-being-utlized off-site instances.

Is there a way I can just import the data without touching the configuration changes I make?

1 answer

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Hi Will,

I don't believe it's possible for you to import the data without also importing, (and overwriting), the configurations that you have set. However, there is a new plugin that allows you to backup and restore JIRA's configurations so what you could do is backup the configurations using that plugin, import the data and then restore the configurations you backed up using the plugin again. You can check out the JIRA Configuration Manager plugin here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.configurationmanager

All the best,
John

drwilltx February 25, 2014

That's great! Thanks for that heads up. I'll mark as the answer once I test it worked.

Suggest an answer