How do I import a list of values for a custom field?

Samantha Martin April 30, 2016

I have about 1800 field values I need to add for a new custom field. I do not want to type each one in. Nor do I want to pay for a plug in.

I also do not want to import my issues with the values, as they are in another project currently and I want to move them.

I have tried moving a few sample issues in bulk, but I can't get it to do what I need. I need the existing component mapped to the original component (custom field) in the new project, and I need to assign a new component to the group of issues. The move only worked correctly when the original issue already had the new component, and the original component field in the new project already had the value entered.

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2016

Keep in mind, when you delete them the numbers won't be reused so you want to make note somewhere of them when someone asks what happened to the missing issues.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2016

Could be imported into a dummy project - so you circumvene that issue.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2016

You could import about 1800 dummy issues all containing a different value for that field (import via csv). During import the values will be added to your costum field. After import delete those dummy issues.

Suggest an answer