How do I implement view that shows user tasks list?

Vadim November 21, 2017

I'm beginner on this and I don't know how do it :'((

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017
  • Use the "assigned to me" gadget on a dashboard (it's usually on the system default one that people use when they first log in)
  • Get the users to use "issue search", and "assignee = currentUser()"
  • Get the users who are interested in single projects to use the project issue summaries.
  • Similarly, if they're using boards, there's a handy default "show me only stuff assigned to me" quick filter.

To be clear, Jira does not do "views".  It offers users many ways to get to their data, and does not rely on having one person have to spoon-feed things to them.  Show them search, boards, dashboards and project views, which allow them to do all their issue related activities, in different ways.

I'd also say "do not allow delete" - forums for Jira are littered with people suffering the pain of deleting the wrong thing.  You should enable them to "close" issues easily if they don't need them, not delete.

Vadim November 21, 2017

test.jpg

Vadim November 21, 2017

it is necessary that it was so

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

That could be done from the issue navigator's "bulk edit" function (if you do the bad thing of letting them delete)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2017

Please, tell them that deletion is a stupid thing to do in Jira.

Then, at least, when they do the stupid thing, you can tell them not to try to waste your time "getting it back", it's their own fault and they should have listened.

Vadim November 21, 2017

How can I do that?  Maybe you have some link where I can read about this?

Vadim November 21, 2017

it's test task for me) but I don't know how to do that...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2017

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/editing-multiple-issues-at-the-same-time-861257342.html shows the options for bulk edit.  They've not changed much across the various version 7 releases, or with the three Jira applications.

Vadim November 21, 2017

How can I add "delete button" and "checkbox" in jira how shown above?

Vadim November 21, 2017

I mean, what should I write in code? or which code?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2017

You will need to write an add-on to provide a whole new set of screens to repeat the functionality available with bulk-edit.

This is "re-inventing the wheel".  Please go back to your users and tell them "Jira already does all of this, but it's in a slightly different format to what you are asking for".  IF they insist on going this way, then you should ask them for a decent amount of money to pay for your development time.

Suggest an answer