How do I hide the Atlassian logo from the footer in Jira 6.2 and Confluence 5.4.3

Mark Stern February 26, 2014

We just upgraded to Jira 6.2 today. I immediately noticed that the footer of every page now has an Atlassian logo. I'd like to hide this.

I looked at the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+the+JIRA+Footer, but when I go through that file as described, I don't see where the logo can be removed.

I understand that the license requires the Powered by Atlassian string, and I have no objections to that string.

Same thing for Confluence 5.4.3 that we're now running.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Glenn Edwards April 10, 2015

After a bit of searching I think that I finally got to the bottom this. The footer logo found in JIRA version 6.2.x and up is controlled by the footer.jsp file found in $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/includes/decorators/aui-layout/

Shreya Rawal April 29, 2015

Hi G.Edwards, what changes did you make in footer.jsp file?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Christopher July 7, 2014

In Jira 6.2 modify the file $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/footer/footer.vm

You just need to keep the atlassian link (end user licence agreement condition).

<ul class="atlassian-footer">

<a class="seo-link" href="$externalLinkUtil.getProperty('external.link.seo.project.management.software')">Atlassian JIRA</a>

</ul>

ProcessWeaver-Softwares September 22, 2014

Hi, Right now we are using JIRA 6.3.5, we want to hide the Atlassian Logo which is present in the footer. what are the changes i need to do in footer.vm file. is there any possibility to change the logo instead of hiding? Thanks, Vishnu

Nguyen Van Nhan October 2, 2014

Where file ?? ($JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/footer/footer.vm)

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

My suggestion is to add a javascript on the announcement banner.

Suggest an answer