How do I hide the Atlassian logo from the footer in Jira 6.2 and Confluence 5.4.3

We just upgraded to Jira 6.2 today. I immediately noticed that the footer of every page now has an Atlassian logo. I'd like to hide this.

I looked at the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+the+JIRA+Footer, but when I go through that file as described, I don't see where the logo can be removed.

I understand that the license requires the Powered by Atlassian string, and I have no objections to that string.

Same thing for Confluence 5.4.3 that we're now running.

2 answers

In Jira 6.2 modify the file $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/footer/footer.vm

You just need to keep the atlassian link (end user licence agreement condition).

<ul class="atlassian-footer">

<a class="seo-link" href="$externalLinkUtil.getProperty('external.link.seo.project.management.software')">Atlassian JIRA</a>

</ul>

Hi, Right now we are using JIRA 6.3.5, we want to hide the Atlassian Logo which is present in the footer. what are the changes i need to do in footer.vm file. is there any possibility to change the logo instead of hiding? Thanks, Vishnu

Where file ?? ($JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/footer/footer.vm)

After a bit of searching I think that I finally got to the bottom this. The footer logo found in JIRA version 6.2.x and up is controlled by the footer.jsp file found in $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/includes/decorators/aui-layout/

Hi G.Edwards, what changes did you make in footer.jsp file?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Amir Kazemi
Posted an hour ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

10 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you