Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I hide the Atlassian logo from the footer in Jira 6.2 and Confluence 5.4.3

We just upgraded to Jira 6.2 today. I immediately noticed that the footer of every page now has an Atlassian logo. I'd like to hide this.

I looked at the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+the+JIRA+Footer, but when I go through that file as described, I don't see where the logo can be removed.

I understand that the license requires the Powered by Atlassian string, and I have no objections to that string.

Same thing for Confluence 5.4.3 that we're now running.

3 answers

After a bit of searching I think that I finally got to the bottom this. The footer logo found in JIRA version 6.2.x and up is controlled by the footer.jsp file found in $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/includes/decorators/aui-layout/

Hi G.Edwards, what changes did you make in footer.jsp file?

In Jira 6.2 modify the file $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/footer/footer.vm

You just need to keep the atlassian link (end user licence agreement condition).

<ul class="atlassian-footer">

<a class="seo-link" href="$externalLinkUtil.getProperty('external.link.seo.project.management.software')">Atlassian JIRA</a>

</ul>

Hi, Right now we are using JIRA 6.3.5, we want to hide the Atlassian Logo which is present in the footer. what are the changes i need to do in footer.vm file. is there any possibility to change the logo instead of hiding? Thanks, Vishnu

Where file ?? ($JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/footer/footer.vm)

0 votes

My suggestion is to add a javascript on the announcement banner.

Suggest an answer