How do I hide epics from kanban board while showing them in the roadmap?

Tygger October 12, 2020

Hi, I am trying to set up a basic classic project with kanban board that we may expand later. I activated the beta version of of the new Roadmap feature, where we can manage epics and their timeline, and I would like to manage the issues under those epics in the kanban board.

However, the kanban board shows epics too and they get in the way. Is there an option to hide epics in the board view? I tried to change the board's filter to exclude them, but that would hide them in the roadmap too.

3 answers

3 votes
Matt Wietlisbach October 12, 2020

Set the board config to use Epics as the swimlane and it will "Hide" or reduce their visual footprint but also provide the context for child stories and tasks

Tygger October 12, 2020

Okay, that's something we might use, thanks.

So, that means it can't be done without using swimlanes?

Like # people like this
Matt Wietlisbach October 12, 2020

if you want a board that has Epics and Child issues then yes.  if you want an epics only board you can do that with a filter and your roadmap would be only Epics as well as your Kanban board.  Sounds like you want one board to manage it all in which case the swimlanes makes the most sense to me and it is a super easy change on the board config.

Like Tygger likes this
1 vote
Nils Ingvarsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2024

I created a Quick Filter named "Hide Epics". Its rule was to show all item types NOT = Epics. 

A very quick and easy solution that works for me to show everything but epics :)

1 vote
Ashia Lang May 9, 2023

I just ran into this issue and figured out the solution! I followed the steps on this page (after finding and almost losing hope) and now I no longer see the epics on the Kanban board.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events