How do I have to clone a repository for use with the "Git Integration Plugin for JIRA"

MartinS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

What command do I have to use for the initial clone?

git clone --bare git@example.com:bla.git

or

git clone git@example.com:bla.git

?

The reason I am asking is that after some time, the clone gets really large (6.3 GB compared to about 600 MB for a freshly cloned bare repository), and git status

• takes a long time
  • shows a lot of modified files

Is that expected? Do I have to work with bare repositories? Do I have to do a clean checkout from time to time? Do I have to clone with branches?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrey Levchenko December 3, 2013

Hello Martin

We are officially supporting Git Integration Plugin. As for you questions:

- both clone commands are supported

- bare clone makes sense for large repositories

- plugin fetches all available remote branches so no need to take care of that

- issue with modified files was fixed in version 1.2.11 (let me know which version of plugin you are using)

- as for clean checkout: yes making clean checkout makes plugin considerable faster. We are going to do it automatically in future versions of plugin.

MartinS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Thanks. We will be upgrading to the newest version of the plugin for one of our customers soon, I am glad that this issue is fixed in newer versions.

0 votes
Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2013

Martin - if you have any support needs you can always contact us at support@bigbrassband.com

Cheers!

Suggest an answer