How do I have the customer portal appear on my atlassian.net landing page, for users who have no JIRA licenses?

James Boswell March 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Managing access to your service desk

I have created users who on my atlassian.net cloud site who are able to create service desk tickets, but not given them any licenses. When they go to `<mysite>.atlassian.net` they can't see the customer portal or a link to it.

How do I set it up so that when they visit the landing page for our site, they see at least a link to (if not are redirected to) the customer portal / help centre?

1 answer

0 votes
Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2016

Hi @James Boswell,

You could consider adding a link to the Introduction gadget on your system dashboard. You can fully customise the text there. Click the cog in the top right, then select System. Click Edit settings and you can see the field where you can enter custom text with wiki markup, you can make the link to your portal a little less scary, and add some descriptive text on what customers should do. When they access your site now, they'll see just the introduction gadget with the details to access your portal.

Hope that helps,

Warren

Suggest an answer