How do I had a status that comes before ToDo?

Nancy Polani June 23, 2022

I want to add a status called Refined so that it's clear which of the stories in the backlog have already been refined.  As stories are refined  & prioritized we will move them into a sprint.

I think what I need to do is make Refined the first step in my workflow?  However, I don't know if it's possible to move a story currently in Backlog from Open or ToDo to a status of Refined?

2 answers

1 vote
Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2022

The initial issue status is the one which comes after the create - the grey dot with arrow leading to the 'ToDo' status (in your case)

As for transitions to this state - Jira is quite flexible and it will work the way you configure it. If you add this new status and allow all issues to transition to it, then sure every status will be able to transition to this status. Or you can make more strict workflow allowing issue transitions in specific ways.

To learn more about workflows you can do the Atlassian University training: https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/817164-customizing-jira-workflows-asb-616-course-description

0 votes
Nancy Polani June 26, 2022

Thank you!  I fugured it out

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders