How do I group the JIRA tickets based on created month

bhavani chandrasekhar August 1, 2015

I want a filter + chart where I can group the JIRA open tickets by its created month

EG: Say in Jan i have 10 open issues in Feb 30 + in March 50

Now I want a bar chart or Pie which shows the above based on its created month and clicking upon that it takes me to those tickets

Need it very urgently for some report, Pls help ASAP

2 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2015

Better Excel Plugin allows you to implement it like this:

1. Export all the issue fields by defining the corresponding columns in the Excel template
  2. Make sure that the creation date is included in the exported data
  3. Add two extra columns:
    1. Use a formula with the YEAR() Excel function in the first extra column, with the cell reference pointing to the "creation date" column in the same row
    2. Use the MONTH() function the same way
  4. Now create a pivot table, using the 2 extra columns as dimensions
    1. Clicking the cells in the pivot table will take you to the corresponding issues (this is default Excel functionality)
  5. Create a pivot chart for your pivot table (this will look great automatically, but you can customize it)

The plugin has a default template called Created vs. Resolved Analysis which is a great starting point to implement this. In fact, if you remove the "resolved" part from that, you will get very close to what you originally wanted.

See:

00d6617e-9f8c-4f12-8f12-d218736635d3.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2015

There's nothing that will do quite that, I think you need a bit of code.

I'd use the script-runner to create a derived field, "one that pulls month/year from the created date.  You'd then be able to use it in a "filter statistics" or "pie chart" gadget.

Suggest an answer