How do I grant a user full admins rights on Jira on the cloud?

Miguel Bazzano April 29, 2016

I have originally created our JIRA on the Cloud site, but know I would like to grant another user full admin rights and I am not sure how to do it.  I don't see "JIRA System Administrators" in the Global Permissions page.

Thanks for your help. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2016

You can't get it.

JIRA System Administrators permissions are strictly limited to Atlassian Cloud support.  You can only get JIRA admin rights, at the same level you're on.

What are you trying to do that makes you think you want system admin?

Miguel Bazzano April 29, 2016

We are trying to determine if my user (admin) has special rights of some sort, for instance this is the only user that can see the Global Permissions right. Other users don't see the "System" option under "JIRA Administration". even if they belong to the same groups as my "admin" account.

If there are no particular permissions granted to this account the we should be fine, we just need confirmation in this regard.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2016

No, it has no special rights within JIRA.  Anyone in the "JIRA admins" group should see the same things it does

Suggest an answer