How do I give access to tempoEpicIssues to non-developers.

Nereida Lark November 9, 2015

I get the following error message when I try: You must be a Tempo user to use Tempo epic JQL filter.

But if I give the person jira-developer access it works fine.  How do they get access without having to add them to the jira-developer group?

4 answers

0 votes
Chris Bell February 18, 2016

For OnDemand users, portions of the Tempo add-on are already active. By default, as some have already mentioned, the permissions are set to administrator and jira-developers.

You need to temporarily activate the Tempo add-on, then go to Tempo Permissions and add jira-users to the Tempo Time tracking permissions.

After saving the change, you can unsubsribe/disable to Tempo add-on and all users should now see the result of JQL queries using tempoEpicIssues.

0 votes
Hugo Delage November 18, 2015

In JIRA administration \ add-ons on the left panel, Tempo Permissions

You have to give acces to "Tempo Time tracking" to have access to the filter.

0 votes
Nereida Lark November 11, 2015

Well, there is no Tempo Permission available anymore. At least I do not see it.  I've read it in the doc, but when I do a g + g then start typing Tempo, I only get Tempo Teams and Tempo Roles.  I added the group in as a role, but that doesn't seem to work either. We use the cloud hosted version of JIRA.

0 votes
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2015

Hi Nereida, did you try to create a new group for these users and add it into Tempo Permissions?

Suggest an answer