How do I give a user access to user management without admin access (jira - cloud)

Apsara Sivamurthy March 14, 2017

Really need a permission or setting to allow one or more users to manage "user management" without giving them full admin rights.  

2 answers

1 vote
cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

Hi Apsara, actually there is a feature request on your question, fell free to join, vote and watch it.

Feature Request

Good luck and hope they implement it soon. smile

Apsara Sivamurthy March 15, 2017

The feature request you posted is for special permissions to add and manage projects.  This doesn't highlight any feature to allow users to manage "user management" and nothing else.  Please advise if I'm missing something.

cptBarbosa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

Well, the right one that speaks specifically to your question is this one: User Management, but since it's closed, I looked for the 2 related link and sent you the one that is most related to your answer.

Sorry for my mistake.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2017

You can give them "site admin", but that will grant admin access, or at a minimum, the ability to add themselves to the main admin groups, so it's not "safe"

Suggest an answer