How do I get version 5.2-m04

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

We have JIRA on-demand in production. It reports itself as 5.2-m04 build 806.

We have a trial download JIRA install that reports itself as 5.1.3 build 782.

I would like to export the data from the on-demand production system and import it into the test system. I can successfully export and download the result. But when I try to import I get a message that the JIRA versions don't match.

Makes sense.

So my question is, how can I get my downloaded JIRA test install to a version that will happily accept the import?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

We've moved in a different direction, using help from Atlassian.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2012

You can't import data from a newer version of Jira, so although you could go from 5.1.3 to 5.2, you can NOT go the other way. (Unless you are willing to spend a LOT of time editing the data between them, probably introducing errors and problems)

You will need 5.2 to import your data. You can get it from the Early Access program pages mentioned at the bottom of the standard download page http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download BUT, bear in mind that most of these are development downloads and may be (slightly) flaky and non-upgradable.

It might be far safer to do something else for a while, before 5.2 is officially released...

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

Thanks. Will try after snapshotting my test install. Note that what is available is -m03, and I have -m04. We'll see if it accepts the data.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

We've moved on from this and approached it a different way.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

Just seems odd as they say: "EAP releases should not be used in production environments as they are not officially supported".

0 votes
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

@Jamie - No idea. It is just what is there.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2012

I wonder how you managed to get a milestone release in ondemand... did you ask for it or is it some kind of mistake?

Suggest an answer