How do I get velocity to show Days and Hours?

Shani Henry May 13, 2021

My company uses Days and Hours for estimates (eg 1hr). However, the velocity char always shows some astronomical number (ex. 13839). How do I get it to show Days and Hours too? Also what does the number that its currently showing indicate?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2021

Hi @Shani Henry  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project are you using, company-managed (classic) or team-managed (next-gen)?

And, would you please post an image of what you are seeing?  That may help provide context for the community to offer ideas.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Shani Henry May 13, 2021

Hey Bill,

I think we're using Team-Managed. See the screenshot below. This is taken from the Average Velocity report. I would like it to show as 20Days or 200hours worth of work which is how the company direct devs to enter their estimates. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 4.45.33 PM.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2021

Thanks for that information, Shani.  Time-based estimation is not yet available for team-managed projects.  Here is the suggestion to add that feature, which you may watch/vote for to check progress as they are building it now:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17248

Like Shani Henry likes this
Shani Henry May 13, 2021

Thanks so much Bill. This is extremely helpful.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer