How do I get the same content of fields to show up on my board from service desk?

aline.bertrand September 18, 2019

Hi,

I have the same fields in my service desk configuration, as well as in my test board however the content isn't copied over.

As you can see in the pictures, in the service desk portal there is text written under expected result as well as in actual result, however in my board they don't show up. It works for Steps to reproduce though.

Also the attachments are not copied over. It's added as a comment in service desk, when ideally it would show up as an attachment and have that copied over to the board.

How can I fix these two issues?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.09.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-18 at 11.09.22 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Williams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

If I remember and am seeing this correctly, "Steps to Reproduce" is a default field in Jira, but the others you have here are Custom Fields, which is why Steps to Reproduce is showing in the Jira Software view as normal.

Do the projects share Screen Schemes? You'll need to make sure they do so the same information shows in both, but in Jira Software you might need to hit "More" to expand all the fields.

Find out more about screens here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/project-screens-schemes-and-fields-938847220.html

Basically you need to look at the Summary in the project settings of both projects and make sure they match up.

Suggest an answer