How do I get the project a sprint belongs to?

Niels Frederiksen August 10, 2016

Hi, I have been trying to wrap my head around this for a few hours now, and I just can't figure it out.

My JIRA addon is recieving sprint_created events and I want to know for what project the sprint has been created.

The only way I have found so far is first getting the "originBoardId" from the event and then calling /rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapidviewconfig/editmodel.json?rapidViewId={originBoardId}

This provides me with list of projects called "queryProjects" where I can find which projects are included in the board.

Is this the perfered way of doing it? It seems like such a workaround and I was just wondering if there was a better way.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2016

It is the right way to do it - there's an incorrect assumption in your question.  "for what project the sprint has been created" - sprints belong to boards, not projects, and as boards can draw in many projects, so could a sprint.  Hence you have to jump through the 1-sprint:many-project relationship hoops

Niels Frederiksen August 11, 2016

Thank you, I think I understand the Project<->Board relationship now.

After looking at the api documentation again I found an easier way to get the projects associated with a board:
https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-software/REST/cloud/#agile/1.0/board/{boardId}/project

Suggest an answer