• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I get the description field in Confiforms to prepopulate the jira issue creation?

I create a Confluence form using Confiforms and it is a tableview of entries made from another confiforms where the users enter their requests for assistance.  I want to select a request from the tableview and highlight a text where the title AND the description field are automatically populated by their corresponding fields in the table. 

The description field does not auto populate,  how do I get it to populate?

2 answers

Hi

Your question seems to be about ConfiForms plugin, but is tagged as "jira-server"... Quite confusing to understand the context.

So, you have 2 ConfiForms, right?

And you want to some fields to be automatically populated by some "corresponding fields in the table".

May be you can share some visuals / screenshots to understand your question better?

Thanks

Alex

Alex, thank you for helping me with this issue.  I apologize for not posting correctly but I am still learning what the various forums are and how they are used.

Yes, you have correctly asimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngsessed the issue.  I have two ConfiForms.  The first is where the issues are entered and it has two fields "Summary" and "Description".  The second ConfiForms is a tableview of the first form with all the fields listed in tableview. 

I need to allow the user to selected a record from the tableview form and create a Jira story from it.  I attaching a screenshots of the related components.  The first is the ConfiForm tableview where the "Summary" and the "Description" fields are defined.  The second image shows a particular record that I want to make a Jira issue where the description is empty and pre-populated with the description field content. I hope I have provided the information you have requested.

I am still confused... Summary and Description are the fields from Jira?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you