How do I get the description field in Confiforms to prepopulate the jira issue creation?

Joseph Jandal February 23, 2021

I create a Confluence form using Confiforms and it is a tableview of entries made from another confiforms where the users enter their requests for assistance.  I want to select a request from the tableview and highlight a text where the title AND the description field are automatically populated by their corresponding fields in the table. 

The description field does not auto populate,  how do I get it to populate?

2 answers

0 votes
Joseph Jandal February 24, 2021

Alex, thank you for helping me with this issue.  I apologize for not posting correctly but I am still learning what the various forums are and how they are used.

Yes, you have correctly asimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngsessed the issue.  I have two ConfiForms.  The first is where the issues are entered and it has two fields "Summary" and "Description".  The second ConfiForms is a tableview of the first form with all the fields listed in tableview. 

I need to allow the user to selected a record from the tableview form and create a Jira story from it.  I attaching a screenshots of the related components.  The first is the ConfiForm tableview where the "Summary" and the "Description" fields are defined.  The second image shows a particular record that I want to make a Jira issue where the description is empty and pre-populated with the description field content. I hope I have provided the information you have requested.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

I am still confused... Summary and Description are the fields from Jira?

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Hi

Your question seems to be about ConfiForms plugin, but is tagged as "jira-server"... Quite confusing to understand the context.

So, you have 2 ConfiForms, right?

And you want to some fields to be automatically populated by some "corresponding fields in the table".

May be you can share some visuals / screenshots to understand your question better?

Thanks

Alex

Suggest an answer