How do I get specific fields to show on the issue view screen?

Jasmine Klecka January 16, 2018

I can only find how to add fields to the issue edit screen. How do I get these some fields to show on the issue view screen?Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 2.26.26 PM.png

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I figured it out. Never getting fixed.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-2997

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

The same way you get them on the issue edit screen - go to the screen that is in use for "view" and add them.

How do I figure out which screen its using? we have multiple projects and teams 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

Go to project admin and work your way down through the "issue type screen scheme"

I'm still not understanding what I'm supposed to do. I'm completely lost.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2018

You need to add them to the 'view' screen for the issue type. If you don't have one it uses the 'edit' screen.  start here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/issue-type-screen-scheme-868982924.html 

Sarah Smith January 25, 2018

What if you want to remove the buttons? Will I need to do some configuration to remove / edit the buttons at the top (i.e. Status buttons).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2018

The "status buttons" are the workflow.  To "remove" them, change the workflow so that the transitions are not there, or not usable.  (Pretty much makes Jira pointless, but I assume you've got reasons)

Sarah Smith January 31, 2018

I want the users to go through the workflow via the workflow button. I want to keep the same transitions, but I don't want the  transition buttons next to the workflow button. That's redundant. Instead I want to add a backlog button. So how do I remove the workflow buttons but keep the workflow. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2018

Ah, ok.

Go to your Jira home directory and find the file called jira-config.properties - if it's not there, then create it, it's just text.

Add the line

ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 0

Restart Jira (Note that there's a bug in some versions where 0 does not work, and it goes back to 2.  The best you can do on those ones is set it to 1)

Sarah Smith January 31, 2018

Thanks! I will try this and report back! 

Suggest an answer