How do I get "Security Level" field added to a screen?

Kat Amano October 27, 2017

Hi everyone,

I have been trying for HOURS to get issue security set up on a test project and I cannot for the life of me figure out why I can't see the "Security Level" field on the Create Issue screen. So far, I have:

• created an Issue Security Scheme with two security levels, both of which include a Group that I am a member of (and I'm also a jira-administrator)
  • created a test project with myself in the project Administrator role (by default, since I'm a jira-administrator) 
  • associated the Issue Security Scheme with the test project
  • added the field "Security Level" to the project's Default Issue Screen, which is associated with Screen Scheme for every issue type on the project
  • hard-refreshed my browser window
  • lost my temper and cursed a lot

I know I'm missing something but I can't figure out what it is?!?! Unending gratitude to whomever might be able to point me towards the solution here. :)

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2017

Hello, 

Are you sure you set Set issues security permission in the project permission scheme? This permission allows a user to set security level. 

You can read more about it here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Kat Amano October 30, 2017

Oh my god, you are my SAVIOR! I don't know how I missed this step, but I am SO THANKFUL to you, Alexey! I kept going over my list of steps and pulling my hair out, haha! Thank you thank you thank you <3

Suggest an answer