How do I get fields to show up on screens?

Carin Lockhart January 6, 2015

I have defined screens and specified the fields I want in them   But - when the screen comes up, not all the fields appear.  They are in the field configuration and they are definitely not hidden and avialable permissions-wise.  What do I need to do?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2015

There's loads of stuff this could be.  You've covered field configuration and the fields being on screens, so the other things to check are:

• Context - do the fields belong to the project and issue type you are looking at?  (See list of custom fields in admin)
  • User selection - at the top right of some screens, you have the option to hide fields - look for the cog and click "all" to show all of the fields
  • Where you are using the fields.  If you are looking at an issue view, then only the fields which actually have data will be shown - click edit and you'll see all of them to be entered.

Carin Lockhart January 6, 2015

Ah ha!  its your third bullet.  When I clicked edit, they all appeared.  THANK YOU!

Suggest an answer