How do I get an email when Story gets created in a specific project?

e April 14, 2014

How do I get an email when Story gets created in a specific project?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brannon Fay April 15, 2014

If you have a workflow specific for the Story issue type, you can add the email as a post-function on your workflow. Using the Script Runner "Send a custom email" option, we are doing that.

Condition:

issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Story'

Email Template:

Hello Scrum Leaders, <br>

<br>

The ${issue.issueType.name} <a href=<% out << baseUrl %>/browse/${issue.key}>${issue.key}</a> "${issue.summary}" with <% out << issue.priority?.name %> priority has been created by ${issue.getReporter().getFullName()}. <br>

<br>

Description: <i><% out << issue.description.replaceAll("\\n", "<br>") %> <br></i>

<br>

Thank you, <br>

Your friendly JIRA autobot

Subject Template:

Story ${issue.key} "${issue.summary}" Added to Product Backlog

Then fill out who it goes to. We have a group in JIRA for the PO, SM and their backups: group:RevChain-Solutions-Scrum-Management

Best of luck!

0 votes
e April 17, 2014

Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2014

Set up the notification scheme to send emails to you on "issue create" and associate that with the specific project you want the mail from.

However, notifications are done at a project level and not issue-type, so you're going to get emails for all issue creations (unless you create another workflow and change the events they fire, or find an improved mail sending plugin)

Suggest an answer