How do I get all tables using API

Steve Dillon June 8, 2022

Hi I tried using python to get the issues but it does not show me the issues just count of. Has someone the correct script to use to GET the tables?

Hi I have same output running from a python script? do I need to authenticate the API with username and password?

I return this

{"startAt":0,"maxResults":50,"total":0,"issues":[]}

Using this

import requests
print('Beginning file download with requests')
url = 'https://team123.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search?jql=ORDER%20BY%20Created '
r = requests.get(url, allow_redirects=True)
open('G:\test\issues', 'wb').write(r.content)
print(r.content)

1 answer

0 votes
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Steve Dillon 

You won't have access to tables on Jira Cloud, and the search API allows you to search for issues as you could do from the UI.

The issue here is your JQL. Apparently, it's not returning anything from Jira search API based on the parameters sent and/or the permission your user has.

What do you see when you run this https://team123.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=order%20by%20created%20DESC ?

Try to adjust the criteria of your JQL search, and you will be able to pull results from the API call.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alex

Steve Dillon June 8, 2022

Hi Alex,

Thanks.

I get a lot more data now but dont see the actual created issues, I would like to get the issues for created and resolved, is the better option to run in the UI and then export to csv? I was hoping to automate the GET with the API as I dont have the server version install at this time.

Do I need to add my logon creds to get the actual data as all I see is meta.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events