How do I get a trial key to Jira without an internet connection?

Johan Hårdberg November 21, 2014

Hi!

I'm trying to evaluate JIRA on a Linux server without inernet connection. How do I generate a trial key?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2014

Go to my.atlassian.com, log in (or create an account and log in), create a new trial licence, and then copy and paste the key you are given into your server.

Surendra Kommireddy August 23, 2020

Thank bro, I am new learner. very much helpful for me.

Like Ricky LaFleur likes this
0 votes
Johan Hårdberg November 23, 2014

Hi!

Thanks for the answer.

Tried it but got stuck on the page Adding Your Licens key.

This how I've tried to do it:

1, On the page I chosed "I have a JIRA key".

2, Added login details. (Note: Have no internet connection on the server).

A server ID is generated and I thought it was supposed to be used later when generating the key. But no!

3, Changed to an internet connected machine. Logged in to atlassian and generated a key. (With a feeling that this will not work).

Copy the key, returned to the server and pasted the key into the Your JIRA License Key field on the server.

Result: We're unable to confirm that JIRA license.

Suppect I do something wrong, Any clues?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2014

JIRA gave you a server-id - you don't mention pasting that into the my.atlassian licence page when generating the licence key. But you need the server id to get a full licence key.

Johan Hårdberg December 1, 2014

Choosed wrong server when generating the key. (adon instead of server). Got it now. Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer