How do I get a response in Rest API for creating a new issue?

Pradeep A June 17, 2021

Hi Im working on a project where I need to integrate teams with Jira and notify it whenever  a issue is created. I tried using webhooks but not all events are getting notified. So I wanted to try it with Rest API. So How do I get an API response for the issue I have created?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2021

Hi @Pradeep A

when working with API on a remote service you would have to query it in order to get back the data you are looking for. From my believe there is no ready-made solution available - you would have to do it all on your own in regards to a API implementation.

However, I am wondering if it is the MS Teams you are integrating with - in case it is probably an App from Marketplace which did all the hard work for you already could be an alternative:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=teams

You could check them.

Regards,
Daniel

Pradeep A June 20, 2021

I tried using the Microsoft 365 app for jira. When I try to login MS Teams from Jira it shows 403 forbidden error. Any insights?

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2021

In case this error persists please feel free to raise a request with their vendor.
I do not use it personally and cannot reproduce the issue therefore.

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2021
Pradeep A June 17, 2021

Hi @Vero Rivas  I have already took a look at it, But I want to create an issue from Jira and get the issue details through the API. I need to receive the issue details, So that I can work with my third party app. Hope you can Understand my scenario. Please revert back if you have any solutions.

Thank you

Suggest an answer