How do I get a license for my local instance of Jira?

Jacob Crabtree May 19, 2017

I used the Jira SDK to install a local instance of Jira, per the tutorial here  https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/getting-started/set-up-the-atlassian-plugin-sdk-and-build-a-project/install-the-atlassian-sdk-on-a-windows-system. Now that I have my localhost:2990 instance running with just the username:password as admin:admin, again per the tutorial, I'm getting notifications that my JIRA Core will expire in four days, and that I haven't downloaded Jira Software or Jira Service desk, but those will also expire in four days. Obviously there isn't a real account registered to this local instance, I've just been following the tutorial exactly, so what can I do to make sure I can continue testing on this?

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2017

You may generate an evaluation license at https://my.atlassian.com/product.

0 votes
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2017

When you restart you development instace the license will automaticly renew. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2017

The development instances are time-bombed at 3-4 days depending on version.  As Pedro says, just stop it and start it again.

Remember also that a dev install is not a "proper" JIRA server - it's modified to help support your development work.  It's not really suitable for doing support or end-user testing work.

Jacob Crabtree May 19, 2017

Thanks Pedro, Nic. I'm just planning on using it to test webhooks with some sample projects.

Suggest an answer