How do I get a custom field to show up in edit and view screen, but not on Create screen?

John Pfotzer August 19, 2015

How do I get a custom field to show up in edit and view screen, but not on Create screen?

2 answers

2 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

You simply add the field to the edit and view screen but not to the create screen. Add the 3 screens  to the screen scheme with corresponding action.

0 votes
John Pfotzer August 21, 2015

Hi Mike, actually it wasn't that simple. Originally I had a create, edit and a view screen. the edit and view needed a custom screen. When I added it to one, it showed up on all. When I set up the 3 screens, I used the original create screen for all three, at the time that met requirements. Then they changed.......

so I had to disassociate the create screen from the scheme, resave it, using a different name. From for example: name, to name2.

then I just added the field to the edit screen and it showed up in both edit and view. A learning experience for me.

Suggest an answer