How do I get a backlog item to appear in the "Backlog" column of the Kanban Board?

Lisa Jamrog February 10, 2020

I have a Kanban board, but the only items on the board are those that are in an assigned sprint.  How do I get my entire backlog to appear in the "Backlog" Column of the Kanban board?

2 answers

0 votes
Emelie Rosberg February 10, 2022

Did you solve it? I have the same issue. 

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

If it's a Kanban board, then you map the required workflow status to the "Kanban Backlog" in the board config.

If it's a Scrum board, then the backlog view will show items allocated to upcoming sprints and then at the bottom of the list it will show all items not assigned to a sprint.

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

Items should show in the backlog view regardless of the sprint.  Check your board configuration using this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/using-your-scrum-backlog-764478062.html

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2020

If that doesn't help you then please provide a screenshot of your backlog view if possible.

Suggest an answer