How do I get JIRA to send a password email when administratively changing a user's password?

Solitonman April 30, 2012

The subject line says it all, basically. I've noticed that when I change my own password as an admin, I don't receive an email from JIRA. Does the system send out an email to other users? Again, not I am NOT talking about during user creation. Due to a need to configure an account for a new user, I have to create their account, log in to that account, select filters and dashboards, and then I can provide the user with their credentials. I'd rather JIRA sent that out, but if I have to send it via unencrypted email I guess that's what I have to do. However, any way to get the system to generate an email would be a relief.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

I would just click on the forgot password link, and then enter the username. That would send an email, with the new password to the user you entered.

Solitonman April 30, 2012

Thanks for the suggestion, Jo-Anne. I tried that out with my own password, but what I get is a password reset option, not a message with the current password. That could work too, since I ultimately want to have the users choose a new password. Thanks for the idea! :)

0 votes
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

You can also get around this by using the SU plugin.

Su as user set up his dashboard and let him know when its done.

Suggest an answer