How do I fix the this error message: Unable to find JQL function 'addedAfterSprintStart

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

This would be a very powerful view to have on my team's dashboards, and would save them significant amounts of time from looking at the Sprint report each week to see what has been added.

IssueAddedAfterSprintStart.png

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2015

OK, I've updated Script Runner to version 3.0.10 (JIRA version 6.3.5, JIRA Agile v6.6.0)   verified it in my Stage environment, will upgrade production at my next release. Appreciate your help.

0 votes
Nilanjana Misra January 2, 2018

I have 3.1.4 version of Script runner and I keep getting the below error whe I try to execute the function

Failed to validate jqlFunction 'addedAfterSprintStart', possibly plugin supplying it had thrown exception. Check the logs

I have just installed the Add on .Do I have to do something else to make it work? I tried disabling and enabling the add on, that did not work

My Issue function is also not working.Please help !!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

I don't think 3.1.4 has that function in it.  You'll need a later version.

0 votes
Adolfo Guzman August 21, 2015

I had the same problem and executed the function while tailing the JIRA app logs and found an error stating to disable then re-enable the Script Runner plugin.  After doing so the function began to work as expected.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2015

It probably wasn't in 2.1.17... IIRC. If you are on jira 6.2 you can upgrade to SR 3... https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Upgrading+to+3.0#Upgradingto3.0-MarketplaceCompatibility-isitcompatiblewithJIRA6.2?

0 votes
Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2015

Script Runner - 2.1.17 JIRA - 6.2.5 JIRA Agile - 6.5.0

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2015

What versions of Script Runner, JIRA, and JIRA Agile do you have?

0 votes
Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2015

Added a screen shot to the original issue.

0 votes
Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2015

JQL: issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart("ECS", "330") I see that error message on the Issue Navigator page when searching for issues.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2015

Where do you see that message? Can you provide the full JQL?

Suggest an answer