How do I fix my release burndown report which is displaying incorrectly?

Emily Bichler June 29, 2017

My team completed 34 story points of work in sprint 2. For whatever reason, when closing my sprint, 3 of the completed stories (445, 459, and 455) were moved to Sprint 3 and are thus showing up incorrectly in the release burndown report which will throw off the forecast. 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Screenshots:

sprint 2 completed stories.PNGrelease burndown report.PNG

2 answers

0 votes

I found this:

In the 'Completed Issues' table, an issue is grouped into a sprint if its completion date falls after the start date of the sprint and before the start date of the next sprint, regardless of whether it was assigned to the sprint during planning.

For example, consider the following sample data:
Sprint 1 — starts on July 1 and ends on July 14
Sprint 2 — starts on July 17 and ends on July 30
Say issue 'ABC-123' was assigned to Sprint 1 during planning, but was not completed until July 18. In the 'Completed Issues' table, ABC-123 would be grouped under Sprint 2, rather than Sprint 1. This is a more accurate reflection of what happened during the release and helps maintain the integrity of the report data.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-edit-the-dates-associated-with-a-closed-sprint-779159174.html

0 votes

Here's more details: Below you can see that the stories were completed in sprint 2, why are they showing up in sprint 3 on the release burndown?

sprint 2 completed stories 2.PNG445.PNG

Suggest an answer