How do I fix my notifications scheme?

Alec Dino June 14, 2016

Currently I am trying to fix the notifications setup for my service desk. I have all the appropriate people in place for issue created, closed, resolved, updated, etc. I receive notifications for all of these issues except for resolved. No notification is sent to anyone except for the customer/user for 'issue resolved'.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

The "Issue Resolved" event will be triggered only when the resolution is set along with the event set in post function. It is not based on the JIRA Resolved status. Please set resolution in the transition

2 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

Check the resolution in your workflow, and make sure it is emitting the "Issue Resolved" event; the default for any new transitions is "Generic Event".

Alec Dino June 14, 2016

Thank you for the advice Jeremy but I have checked to make sure that is the case. My workflow does have the 'resolved' status in it.

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

I'm not talking about the status, I'm talking about the event.  The event is emitted in the transition's "Post Functions".  So if you have a transition setting the resolution, you need to ensure that the post function emits the event you want to notify on.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2016

I believe that Jeremy is correct here. I don't believe that "Issue Resolved" fires unless you manually set the workflow post-function.

Alec Dino June 15, 2016

Jeremy was correct. I originally read his reply differently and misunderstood what he was saying.

Suggest an answer