How do I find the Linking/relation between two Issues in Jira3.13

Arpita Argulwar June 1, 2014

Hello Team,

I am trying to convert all my sub task into parent issue by using bulk move. However I wanted to know how can I maintain the relation/linking of those issues.

I am using Jira 3.13.

Regards,

Arpita Argulwar

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2014

Erm. You have just said "I want to destroy the parent/child relationship, but I don't want to destroy the parent/child relationship". I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for here.

My best guess is that you probably want to set up an issue link type called "was child of", and link each child to it's parent before doing the change to parent issue types. There's no easy way to do this though, you'll have to manually link each one, or script something to do it for you.

Arpita Argulwar June 1, 2014

Thanks Nick to look into this!

Your guess is right. Actully, after converting sub task into parent issue, we should know what was the parent issue number or this sub task was related to.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2014

Ok, well, the parent will still be recorded in the history, so you could rely on that. If you need it on-screen, then I'm afraid the manual linking will be needed.

Another option just sprang to mind though - if you've got the script runner plugin, or a bit of coding knowledge, you could write up a derived/scripted field that can look in the history and pull the previous parent ID out to be displayed. No need for links or data amendments then.

Suggest an answer