How do I find all tickets assigned to the same person for longer than one week.

Faron Dutton July 24, 2013

Occansionally, a developer needs additional information before he can began working a ticket. Our process is to add the question as a comment, assign it to the relevant stakeholder and move the ticket back into the Open status. Sometimes, the stakeholders do not respond so the ticket just sits in the queue. I need to find those tickets so that I can followup with the stakeholder.

I used to use the Greenhopper's age indicator for this. Greenhopper used to reset the age indicator along the bottom of the ticket whenever the ticket changed columns (i.e., status changed). It no longer does this and shows the total time a ticket has been in that column no matter how many status changes occurred.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

You can't get the date of the last assignement out of the box. You can implement a scripted field (with Script Runner plugin) which calculates the date of the last assignement from the issue history and use this in a JQL search.

Faron Dutton July 25, 2013

Unfortunately, I am using Atlassian On-Demand so that plug-in is not available.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

You can use colors or quick filters and the JQL "updated < -7d" to show these tickets.

Faron Dutton July 25, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll use this for now but I need to limit the search to finding the last assignment. Otherwise, the query does not find tickets where the developer added a comment after the assignment. The comment is usually asking if there is an update. :-)

Suggest an answer