How do I find Jira issues which are linked to/from a Confluence instance?

Joshua Thompson July 29, 2013

I want to be able to find all Jira issues from a collection of issues where they have a link to/from a linked Confluence instance. Here is my scenario,

Our support team uses a Confluence space to create support documentation for events and errors generated by our systems. When a defect is found a Jira is created and linked to the event page so we can track known issues related to that event.

Once a new release occurs, I want to be able to find all Confluence pages linked from issues in that release so the documentation can be kept up to date.

Any suggestions? It looks like this might do the trick but I was looking for a free/out-of-the-box solution.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.j-tricks.jql-plugin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Thompson August 5, 2013
I'm "answering" my own question so I stop getting spammed reminders to update this issue.
0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2013

Don't you do a search in Confluence for this? I don't think that JIRA issues store trackbacks. Or at least they used to do.

Joshua Thompson July 30, 2013

I don't quite follow you sorry. On a Jira issue it has a 'mentioned in' link to a Confluence page. Are you saying that Jira obtains these links by searching Confluence for a link to itself?

Suggest an answer