How do I filter for all user stories which has at least one task assigned to user X, and for all of their sub tasks?

Shay Schwartz July 5, 2015

I like to add a filter which get all user stories and tasks, that user X has at least one task.

For example:

1. User story 1: 
    1. Task 1 (assigned to user A)
    2. Task 2 (assigned to user A)
    3. Task 3 (assigned to user B)
  2. User Story 2: 
    1. Task 4 (assigned to user A)
    2. Task 5 (assigned to user A)
  3. User Story 3:
    1. Task 6 (assigned to user B)

I like to filter by user A, so I will get User Story 1 +2 and tasks 1,2,3,4,5.

User story 3 + task 6 will be not be returned as part of the filter, because both not related to user A.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2015

If you have Scriptrunner installed you can use

(issuetype = story and issuefunction in parentsOf("issuetype = subtask and assignee = A")) or (issuetype = subtask and assignee = A)
0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2015

This should do the trick I think:

issueFunction in subtasksOf('issueFunction in parentsOf("assignee = currentUser()")') or issueFunction in parentsOf("assignee = currentUser()")

It's something I quickly threw together so it might be improved but it should do the trick.

Suggest an answer