How do I extract the date/time a collection of issues transitioned from one status to another?

Barrett Williams May 18, 2017

I'm wanting to report on the date/time issues transition from "Status A" to "Status B".  I'm not sure how to do this in JQL, or show the results in the issue navigator.  Is there a better approach?

I can see this data in each individual issue's history, but I'd like to report on collections of issues without having to investigate each one.

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2017

Hi Barrett,

I don't think you can do it with JQL.  The closest I've been able to get is using a WAS search to detect transitions during a certain time frame. 

Ex: status was statusname DURING ("2017-01-01","2017-06-01")

Not quite what you want, I know.

But, if you have JIRA Server, you can get the transition info out of the database with SQL!  I found it one day while looking to see which transition a user clicked to get from one status to the other.

The transition history is stored in a table called "OS_HISTORYSTEP."  In that table, the status is stored in the column called "step_id", the transition is in "transition_id" (view your transition IDs in your workflow), the person who did the transition is in the "caller" column, and the transition start and finsh dates are there as well.

I hope something in here helps you!

Rachel Wright

Suggest an answer