How do I exclude fixversions with no release date?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

Does anyone know the JQL if I want to exclude issues associated with a fixversion that has no release date?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2013

You should be able to use JQL tricks plugin. Need to pay @Jobin though :)

use versionsBefore function and give a big value for the date. The results should include all versions which has a release date.

http://www.j-tricks.com/jql-tricks-plugin.html

Jobin can confirm.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2013

not available on onDemand though :)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2013

Ah, I miss the OnDemand tag always :(

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2013

No worries! The information is still quite beneficial. We're moving away from OnDemand because of too many limitations. Appreciate the advice.

0 votes
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2013

You should just be able to use:

fixVersion in ("name of version")

Do either of those work for you? This page (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching) should also be able to help provide various fields and methods for querying those fields in Download JIRA and OnDemand.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2013

I was looking for a more generic way of doing it. Yes, I did this - but, it's not maintainable as others create versions without release dates. This happens when they are doing affinity planning. Plus, new versions are added with release dates. So, I was looking for a way to pull in only those versions either with a date or exclude those without a date, without having to name specific ones.

TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2013

@kalynn -- according to the search documentation, "fixVersion" doesn't support searching based on properties of the field except "released" or "unreleased", so it would only be possible if there were a custom plugin that provided such a function.

Suggest an answer