How do I enable the Text gadget (text-gadget) for use on the dashboard?

Arne Styve April 23, 2014

We are using the OnDemand solution.

I see the Text-gadget listed under "Manage add-ons", but I cannot enable it.

BR,
Arne

3 answers

itscreater February 21, 2016

thx for your proposal

0 votes
leo March 4, 2019

I'm also looking for a solution to this. I've also tried Rich Text Gadget, but it doesn't work in Wallboard mode. It throws javascript errors and it doesn't load properly. 

Rafael Braga March 27, 2019

Same here. Can't find an alternative anywhere. 

phil_harper April 11, 2019

Me too. Would add real value to my team/ company but just can't get it working

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2014

Hello Arne,

I don't think you can enable the text gadget on the OnDemand version of JIRA. I found the documentation of this Gadget, but our website seems to be unstable.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+the+Text+Gadget

If you could take a look and see if anything is mentioned regarding this Gadget on OnDemand...

Benito Picarelli

Arne Styve May 14, 2014

Hi Benito,

Thanks. I've also received the same feedback from Atlassian support. The tex gadget is not available for the OnDemand solution due to security risks, since it is based on HTML. I've suggested that Atlassian create a text gadget not based on HTML but on the Confluence standard. This shoud be a very easy job to do, and it is just as safe and secure as Confluence it self. I do hope Atlassian will put this high on their list of prioritized issues, since I've seen that this type of gadget has been requested by numerous users of the OnDemand solution.

Kind Regards,
Arne

itscreater January 2, 2016

Hi Benito, Is there other alternative gadget? I want just text edit & text showing gadget. No need html edittor. Now, use introduction gadget. But, it is bad to editing. BR, donghan

Jennifer Meacham January 27, 2019

Hello @itscreater. Did you find a solution for a text gadget for dashboards?

Suggest an answer