How do I enable Text Select?

rwhittaker May 21, 2014

How do I turn on the text select option to create JIRA tickets from within Confluence by highlighting text? When I highlight text on a Product Requirements Page I do not see the controls for creating issues or comment/quote.

A previous posting referenced a "Text Select" option on a Profile's Settings, but I don't see that there either.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2014

This is a new feature that has been added from 5.4 version. So, in order to use it you need to upgrade your Cofluence to 5.4 or higher.

This is the 5.4 release note https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+5.4+Release+Notes#Confluence5.4ReleaseNotes-CreateJIRAissuesfromConfluence

Hope this helps,

Fabio

rwhittaker May 21, 2014

Yes - that definitely helped! Thanks Fabio.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2014

You're welcome. Please, mark my answer as accepted.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2014

Hello Rina,

what's your confluence version?

Regards,

Fabio

rwhittaker May 21, 2014

Version 5.1.5

Suggest an answer