How do I email service desk agents on a new request?

Paul Shore May 26, 2016

I would like to customise JIRA Service Desk so that when a new request is logged all the agents are emailed.

Thanks

Paul

3 answers

0 votes
Paul Shore May 27, 2016

OK, steps please - new to  JIRA Service desk and if I knew about notifications scheme with a service desk project role issue created event I wouldn't have needed to ask this question in the first place.

Thanks

Paul

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 27, 2016

Some hints and steps from the docs:

1. Create a new Notification Scheme
  2. Add Service Desk Team role to the scheme for the events you like (same page in docs)
  3. Configure this scheme in your SD project
    1. Open Service Desk Project administration
    2. Scroll down to Notifications (see left hand side)
    3. Action / Select a Scheme, then select the notification scheme you created
  4. Configure project roles in your SD project:
    1. Open Service Desk Project administration
    2. Find Users and Roles
    3. Add all agents to the Service Desk Team role
  5. If no emailing has ever been configured in your JIRA instance (e.g. because it is new), then go through this documentation for all steps.

Note: you'll need administrator rights in your JIRA.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2016

You can setup a Notification Scheme with Service Desk Team project role added to the Issue Created event. Configure your project with this scheme and make sure all agents are added to this role.

0 votes
viktorokolot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Hi @Paul Shore

please configure notification scheme - add your agents to create event

Suggest an answer